In order to use the Odoo UPS API, you will need:
- A UPS.com user ID and password
- A UPS account number
- An Access Key
An Access Key is a 16 character alpha-numeric code that allows access to the UPS Developer Kit API Development and Production servers.
Create a UPS Account
Note that only customers located in the US can open a UPS account online. If you are located outside the US, you will need to contact UPS Customer Service in order to to open an account.
You can read additional information about opening a UPS account on the their website, on the page, How to Open a UPS Account Online
If you don't already have a UPS account, you can create one along with your online profile by following these steps:
1. Access the UPS.com web site at www.ups.com, and click the New User link at the top of the page.
2. Click the Register for MyUPS button, and follow the prompts to complete the registration process.
If you already have a UPS account, you can add it to your online profile as follows:
1. Log in to the UPS.com site ( http://www.ups.com) using your UPS.com User ID and Password.
- Click the My UPS tab.
- Click the Account Summary link.
4. Click the Add an Existing UPS Account link in the UPS Account Details section of the page.
5. In the Add New Account screen, enter the UPS Account Number, Account Name, and Postal Code fields. The country defaults to United States.q
- Click the Next button to continue.
Get an Access Key
After you have added your UPS account number to your user profile you can request an Access Key from UPS using the steps below:
1. Go to the UPS Developer Kit web page https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US
- Log into UPS.com with your user ID and password
- Click on the link Request an access key.
- Verify your contact information
- Click the Request Access Key button.
The Access Key will be provided to you on the web page, and an email with the Access Key will be sent to the email address of the primary contact.